Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I HATE RULES....and LIMITATIONS

I study and train constantly, I am just never satisfied with anything I do in any endeavor. Something that aggravates me to no end is people who adhere to the rules and limitations of self proclaimed know it alls. I read the newest and latest training information as soon as it comes out, just so I can learn more. Not so much for the sake of learning but to see what I can do to make my body and mind more efficient in every capacity. Something that I have realized in the last year is that the human body can do so much more than I ever previously thought. I once believed that you couldn't train hard multiple times in a day without dying after a few days. I finally decided to throw out the "rules" of training that I had heard and read about over the years and decided to push myself past my perceived limitations. For a while now I have been training 4 times a day minimum and in some cases five times for five days a week. Some people would say that is extreme over training. I have found out that experience is the best and most harsh teacher.

No one knows your body like you do. No one can push you to your potential and beyond except you.... The main thing that I have done is listen to my body and train accordingly, if I find myself not mentally into a session then I change it up, if I feel that my performance on the mat is regressing then I change things. Some days you feel like you can lift the world and some days you feel like the world fell on you....

Don't ever believe you are average or mediocre...

No comments: